Christopher R. Ofat, CPA
Chris Ofat is a Principal in our Columbus office. He has a deep familiarity with the affordable housing industry with 13 years of experience. Ofat’s exceptional experience with preparation and review of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) audit engagements, both in the for-profit and non-profit areas, makes him a valuable firm resource. He also prepares and reviews Rural Development and conventional tax credit engagements as well as financial statements. Ofat is involved with the review of Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) submissions.
Ofat also prepares and reviews owner’s cost certifications and carryovers as well as contractor’s cost certifications. He consults with clients on tax credit questions, acts as an overall business adviser and is active in attending affordable housing industry events throughout the country.
Certification & Licensure
- CPA – State of Ohio
- Certified Professional of Occupancy (“CPO”)
- Housing Credit Certified Professional (“HCCP”)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of Ohio Dominican University Accountancy Board
- Board Member / Treasurer of Franklinton Development Association (dba FUEL Franklinton)