Christopher R. Ofat, CPA
Chris Ofat is a Partner in Tidwell Group’s Columbus office. He has a deep familiarity with the affordable housing industry with 15 years of experience. Chris’ exceptional experience with preparation and review of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and Rural Development (RD) audit engagements, both in the for-profit and non-profit areas, makes him a valuable firm resource. He also prepares and reviews conventional tax credit engagements as well as financial statements, and is involved with the review of Real Estate Assessment Center (REAC) submissions.
Chris also has a deep understanding of the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program and prepares and reviews owner’s cost certifications and carryovers as well as contractor’s cost certifications. He consults with clients on tax credit questions, acts as an overall business advisor, and is active in attending affordable housing industry events throughout the country. He received his bachelor’s degree in mathematics with an emphasis in accounting from Ohio Dominican University. Chris is a licensed certified public accountant in Ohio.
Certification & Licensure
- CPA – State of Ohio
- Certified Professional of Occupancy (“CPO”)
- Housing Credit Certified Professional (“HCCP”)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of Ohio Dominican University Accountancy Board
- Board Member / Treasurer of Franklinton Development Association (dba FUEL Franklinton)