Gordon S. Jack, CPA
Gordon Jack is a Tax Partner in Tidwell Group’s Birmingham office. He has over 35 years of accounting experience including multi-national corporations and public accounting experience in local, regional, and national firms.
Gordon has extensive experience with clients in the real estate industry, which includes working with developers and investors in dealing with the tax and accounting aspects of development and operations, including low-income housing tax credits. He is also called upon to work with the IRS in resolving tax credit issues. Gordon’s other experience covers tax, accounting, and closely held business consulting with industry experience involving professional publications, financial institution service organizations, oil and gas partnerships, foreign corporation transfer pricing and subsidiary accounting, franchises, mortgage brokerage firms, professional service firms, and various other closely held businesses.
Besides his extensive responsibilities assisting clients in the real estate industry, Gordon is also responsible for helping clients with their personal, business and estate tax planning, tax authority representation, and assisting closely held businesses attain their full potential.
Jack teaches college-level classes in accounting, income taxes, and valuation of closely held businesses. Additionally, he routinely participates in educational sessions on the accounting profession with high school and college students.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Utah
Professional and Community Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Alabama Society of CPA’s
- Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Served as Board Chair and founding Board Member of Cancer Wellness House
- Served as Treasurer of Protect the Children Resource Center
- Past Member, American Express Financial Advisors Business Advisory Council
- Past Public Relations Chairman, Utah Association of CPA’s