People Behind the Numbers
Clint Hamilton, CPA – Senior Audit Manager
We are proud to introduce the People Behind the Numbers to highlight our outstanding accounting professionals. With their loyalty and dedication to providing superior service to our clients, Tidwell Group has achieved long-term sustainable growth and has become an industry leader within the accounting profession. We firmly believe that our talented team is what makes our firm a great place to work.
We’d like to introduce you to Clint Hamilton, CPA, a Senior Audit Manager located in our Dunwoody office. He has been with the firm for more than five years now, was hired as a Senior Audit Associate, and has worked his way up to Senior Audit Manager.
“Clint has dedicated himself to growing Tidwell Group by building a personal brand and making a name for himself inside our firm,” says Joshua D. Northcutt, Atlanta Office Managing Partner. “He has carried out our firm values, goals, and objectives that define our culture through interactions with his clients and the development of our staff. It is my sincere hope and desire that Clint will continue to grow and build upon his client relationships for years to come.”
We invite you now to hear Clint’s story and what has helped shape his career development at Tidwell Group.
- Why did you first choose to work at Tidwell Group?
I started at a large national firm, CohnReznick, which also is in the Affordable Housing industry, and worked there for two years. Then I was presented with an opportunity by Josh Northcutt, Adam Tretinik, and Louie Jiang, who were going over to Tidwell Group to start the Atlanta office. So I had worked with them at CohnReznick and enjoyed working with them, so it sounded like a great opportunity to go and start up the Atlanta office for Tidwell Group.
- What aspect of your job do you enjoy the most?
I enjoy the interaction with the clients and also the people in our firm. We have a good group of people from staff all the way up through partners that are fun to be around. Even though you’re working hard and going through a busy season, it’s more enjoyable if you like the people you work with.
- What is the toughest accountant problem you’ve tackled? How did you handle it? I had a New York client that was pretty tough. They didn’t have very good accounting records, and we had to have a few prior period adjustments. It was kind of a mess to work through. They had a big turnover in staff, so they didn’t have people who knew what was going on. Working through that challenge, trying to figure out everything that was going on with that entity, what that entity includes, what projects, and other entities consolidated into that entity were a pretty big challenge.
- What is one accomplishment at work that you are most proud of?
I would say that helping with the training and coaching of our staff and new hires. I had an associate that worked with me at a prior firm, and he came over to Tidwell Group with me. I was able to mentor him and he’s a manager now. I also worked with another associate that interned with us, and she just got promoted to senior this year. It is rewarding to see the development of our staff that I’ve helped grow professionally within the firm.
- How has Tidwell Group helped in your career development?
I think the partners and the leadership have helped me grow as an auditor and professionally. Learning from them and seeing how they do things and manage certain situations has really helped my professional growth.
- What goals would you like to reach for the next five years at Tidwell Group?
I would like to continue to see our office grow in terms of people, number of clients, and revenue, and help with that growth. Eventually, the goal would be to be a partner, so I would like to continue to work towards that path, and then continue to develop staff and seniors underneath me to reach their dreams and expectations.
- What piece of advice would you give a new employee or an intern just starting?
I would say to work hard, soak it all in, take a lot of notes, and learn from other people. We don’t expect you to know anything starting, but as long as you have a willingness to learn and grow, you’ll be set.
- List three fun facts about yourself:
- I’m a big sports fan, so I enjoy watching and playing sports.
- I enjoy traveling, particularly to national parks and beautiful scenery like that.
- I’m originally from Kentucky, so I went to the University of Kentucky.